Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A technology detox.

I've been striving for a simplified life.  One where I can enjoy every minute, and be present for my six month old son.  Too much time with technology has turned my brain to mush and I've become addicted to information.  I look at it when I nurse, when I'm about to go to bed, when I wake up, even when I'm playing with him.  I've come to the conclusion that this is bad for us!  He is the one that deserves the most of my attention, not this distracting shiny apple box.  

In an effort to end this, I've done three things.

I turned off all notifications on my phone except for voicemail and texts.
I keep technology out of the bedroom.
I minimized my apps.

So far so good.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to enjoy the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment