Sunday, June 3, 2012

My husband and I went looking for a new car yesterday.  We set off in the morning armed with Car Fax, interest rates, places we wanted to visit, and cars we wanted to drive. We drove around all day being schmoozed by salespeople and captivated by cars that were way out of our price range.  We felt like we were on the television show House Hunters, only without a helpful narrator.

About midday, we took a break from our car hunt and stopped at a place called Sump Coffee, on Jefferson Avenue in South City St. Louis, to hash out some car decisions.  Jacob and I really dug the bar made of salvaged boards and concrete countertops.  The atmosphere was simple, so as not to detract from the coffee. We ordered two hand brewed coffees and sat down while they made them for us.  Hot water was manually poured over the ground beans slowly and served to us in decanters with small coffee cups.  It was pretty high class.  I was afraid to ask for my usual half and half accompaniment, but it turns out, I didn't need it.  The coffee was light and roasted well, it didn't taste bitter at all.

After our pit stop at Sump, we continued on our quest for our new car.  I 'll remember Sump coffee as an oasis in the middle of a crazy, stressful, major decision making day.
...We also found a car within our price range and we are thrilled about it.  I call this weekend, a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment