Sunday, September 26, 2010

BIG Heart for YOU!

I had a conversation the other day with a theologian. As you could guess, many of our conversation topics turn towards religion. Although I'm not a religious fanatic, we have enlivening discussions because we are both patient listeners. The topic this time was: "Love your neighbor as you would love yourself." I posed the question, "how many people do you know love themselves?" It was thought provoking. If you don't love yourself how can you love anyone else? Loving oneself is different than having a huge ego. Loving yourself is having compassion for your own faults and taking time to nurture and take care of your own needs.
It took me a while to learn this, sometimes I still give to everyone else before I realize, "hey Girl, its time to take a break and let yourself relax."
It's time to cut ourselves some slack and realize that we are perfect within this moment.  Close your eyes, breathe, smile and allow your heart to get BIG!

1 comment: