Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bike Month and Street Murals

I regretfully announce that I had to take two driving days this weekend.  I was working on a street mural Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday, I drove, just in case the artist needed me to pick up any last minute supplies; she didn't .  Then on Sunday I got a call from the artist wanting some supplies!  I started to drag out my bike trailer from under a pile of things in the garage.  Before I got too into it, I tested the tires... totally flat!  Didn't have time for all that, so I begrudgingly hopped in the car.  GRRR... so much for planning ahead.  That doesn't mean I'm not challenging myself anymore, its only the beginning of the month!

I am helping two neighborhoods in Columbia paint murals on their streets.  I'm grateful to have this opportunity to work with art on a public level.  Last weekend was a great community effort on Ash and St Joseph.  People would be riding their bikes or walking by, and they would stop and comment on our work, or even stop and pitch in for a few minutes... or the rest of the day.  I was so impressed with everyone coming together to create a work of art... ON the street!

Next Saturday we are doing it all over again at another intersection, Windsor and Melborne.
All ages and artistic abilities welcome.  Come participate in an artistic street party and hope for good weather!

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome Corri! What a cool way to spend your Saturday! My art club is doing a chalk mural next weekend at Memorial Park- not as permanent but still lots of fun! Looking forward to seeing you at book club this Friday!

    ReplyDelete