Thursday, June 10, 2010

Craniosacral Day 1

  I write this post at a fancy italian restaurant somewhere near Kansas City.  I hope no one minds if I just order a glass of wine. :)

  My personal goal for this workshop is to broaden my massage practice to include children, the elderly and those who need a gentler touch than the deep tissue massages I currently offer; and clients can leave their clothes on, which appeals to some people as well.  I would also like to correct the imbalances I find in people who keep coming back to me with the same problem.

  Today I had a conversation with one woman who was finds it difficult to take care of herself as a massage therapy student, she claims she just doesn't have the time.  It reminded me of the many therapists and caregivers who end up with health problems of their own because they care for everyone but themselves.  I believe its important to take care of yourself early on, and continue to take care of yourself.  Not only is self care good for a caregiver, it also sets a good example for others; care givers and care receivers alike.  My friend Klara has started writing about this exact topic, I hope her efforts manifest into a book some day ... I want to read it!

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment