Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome!

Hello Internet Explorers!
Welcome to my first post on Moon Valley Musings!  
I'm starting this blog to share with friends some of the cool stuff I encounter throughout my life. 
This past weekend, I became a beekeeper, I picked up 3 lbs of bees from WalkAbout Acres and brought them home to Moon Valley to start my own hive.  That was on Sunday.  Yesterday they looked pretty active. Today I'm unsure of my bee charming abilities.  The hive seems empty!  Reluctant to lift the lid to disturb anything, I put my ear to the hive to hear some buzzing, but it was quiet.  I saw a few bees flying around, but not like yesterday where I saw dozens.  I hope they didn't move away.  I 'm mostly concerned about the Queen.  She keeps everyone in line and if she left, I'll have to order more bees; or wait for someone to report a swarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment